Our Cardiac Arrhythmia Program
Greg Engel, MD, Hardwin Mead, MD, Rob Patrawala, MD, Roger Winkle, MD, and Melissa Kong, MD
What is Sequoia’s Cardiac Arrhythmia Program?
Sequoia’s Cardiac Arrhythmia Program is focused on the study and treatment of abnormal heart rhythms. The arrhythmia program provides evaluation, diagnosis and therapy for a variety of heart conditions including atrial fibrillation, heart arrhythmias, sudden cardiac arrest and congestive heart failure. Nationally renowned cardiac electrophysiologists (heart arrhythmia specialists) continue to pioneer leading research and development of heart rhythm management devices. Physicians specializing in electrophysiology belong to the Silicon Valley Cardiology group.
• Completed over 2,000 atrial fibrillation (A-Fib) ablation procedures, making it the highest total volume A-Fib ablation institution currently performing ablations in Northern and Central California. Read more...
• Participated in the first defibrillator implantation in California and manage one of the largest series of defibrillator patients in the western United States.
• Continue to participate in research and the design of new defibrillator and pacemaker technologies.
• Were among the first to perform catheter ablation for both supraventricular and ventricular arrhythmia.
• Participate in national pharmaceutical therapy trials for difficult rhythm management patients.
Electrophysiology procedures include:
• Internal Cardiac Defibrillators
• Biventricular Devices
• Cardiac Ablations including atrial fibrillation (A-Fib) ablation
• Diagnostic Electrophysiology Studies
• HUTT Studies (Head Up, Tilt Table)
Heart Arrhythmia Doctors:
Physicians specializing in electrophysiology belong to the Silicon Valley Cardiology group. To review clinical outcomes and data please visit their website.
Gregory Engel, M.D.
Melissa Kong, M.D.
R. Hardwin Mead, M.D.
Rob Patrawala, M.D.
Roger Winkle, M.D.
All physicians are independent practitioners and not employees of the Hospital.