Our World-Class Heart Surgery Program
What makes Sequoia’s heart surgery program unique?
• The best outcomes - As a result of their unique skills, the cardiac surgeons who perform at Sequoia Hospital have the well deserved reputation of performing very complex surgery with outstanding results. Consequently, Sequoia has often served as the only surgical option for high-risk patients.
• Highly skilled and experienced heart surgeons - Sequoia patients in need of heart surgery are seen by nationally renowned heart surgeons at Dignity Health Medical Group, Sequoiaand Pacific Coast Cardiac and Vascular Surgeons.
• Learn more about cardiac surgery from Dr Luis Castro, MD, Director of Cardiac Surgery - Watch them on our YouTube channel.
• NEW!! Aortic Valve Repair and Replacement: What You Should Know
• Understanding Heart Valve Replacement Choices: What You Need to Know
• Entender las opciones de reemplazo de una valvula del corazon: LO QUE USTED DEBE
• Heart Valve surgery: Minimally Invasive Mitral Valve Repair
• Learn about coronary artery bypass graft surgery from Dr Adam Harmon in this series of five videos - Watch them on our YouTube channel.
• Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Part 1of 5: Coronary Artery Disease Diagnosis
• Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Part 2 of 5: Disease Treatment Options
• Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Part 3 of 5: Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting Q&A
• Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Part 4 of 5: At the Hospital
• Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Part 5 of 5: Recovery and Recuperation
• Minimally invasive techniques - Surgeons have performed more than 2,000 operations through mini incisions and also do coronary bypass off the heart-lung machine on appropriate candidates. These techniques help to reduce hospital stay and shorten recovery times.
• Procedures include:
• minimally invasive surgery
• valve surgery (repair and replacement)
• coronary bypass surgery
• complex surgery for patients who have undergone one or more previous
• the surgical MAZE procedure for atrial fibrillation
• To learn about what to expect as a heart valve surgery patient,
watch our latest webinar with Dr. Luis Castro and hosted by HeartValveSurgery.com. A free eBook to download is also available.