Our World-Class Heart Surgery Program
What makes Sequoia’s heart surgery program unique?
• The best outcomes -
As a result of their unique skills, the cardiac surgeons who perform at Sequoia Hospital have the well deserved reputation of performing very complex surgery with outstanding results. Consequently, Sequoia has often served as the only surgical option for high-risk patients.
• Highly skilled and experienced heart surgeons
- Sequoia patients in need of heart surgery are seen by nationally renowned heart surgeons at Dignity Health Medical Group, Sequoia
and Pacific Coast Cardiac and Vascular Surgeons
• Learn more about heart surgery on our YouTube channel -
Dr. Luis Castro, Medical Director of Cardiac Surgery, explains heart surgery in these helpful videos. Watch them on our YouTube channel.
• Understanding Heart Valve Replacement Choices: What You Need to Know
• Entender las opciones de reemplazo de una valvula del corazon: LO QUE USTED DEBE
• Heart Valve surgery: Minimally Invasive Mitral Valve Repair
• Minimally invasive techniques
- Surgeons have performed more than 2,000 operations through mini incisions and also do coronary bypass off the heart-lung machine on appropriate candidates. These techniques help to reduce hospital stay and shorten recovery times.
• Procedures include:
• minimally invasive surgery
• valve surgery (repair and replacement)
• coronary bypass surgery
• complex surgery for patients who have undergone one or more previous
• the surgical MAZE procedure for atrial fibrillation