Best Cardiovascular Care in California
Sequoia Hospital ranks among the nation's leading providers of cardiovascular care. Why?
• The best survival rates – According to The Society of Thoracic Surgeons National Database, the risk-adjusted survival rates achieved by physicians practicing at Sequoia are among the very best in the nation and have been for more than two decades.
• The highest quality ratings – Sequoia Hospital has achieved the highest quality ratings from the Society of Thoracic Surgery (STS) for the categories of Aortic Valve Replacement (AVR) and Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery (CABG). This is the highest rating given by the STS for these quality measures - three out of three stars.
• The best heart doctors – Cardiovascular physicians at Sequoia have gained worldwide acclaim for pioneering technological advances that have contributed to the field of cardiovascular medicine. This is why heart patients travel to Sequoia from all over California.
Why you should choose Sequoia for your heart and vascular care:
• The best valve survival rates in the nation – For the past 5 years we have been at the 100th percentile for aortic valve survival and mitral valve replacement survival, the 95th percentile for aortic/mitral + CAB, and the 95th percentile for valve volume.
• The best survival rates for the most complex surgeries – Sequoia performs 4 times the national average of complex cardiac surgery for patients who have undergone one or more previous cardiac operations. Many of these cases have at least double the risk of mortality of first time cases however Sequoia has no increased mortality. Survival rates remain the same despite the increased complexity.
• The leading Cardiac Arrhythmia Program – Our Cardiac Arrhythmia Program has completed over 2,000 atrial fibrillation (A-Fib) ablation procedures, the highest total volume in Northern and Central California. We achieve excellent outcomes in over 90% of our patients.
• Excellent HealthGrades ratings – HealthGrades, the leading independent health care ratings company, ranked Sequoia Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Cardiac Surgery in 2012 and Sequoia received the HealthGrades Cardiac Care Excellence Award 8 Years in a Row 2005-2012.
• Among the fastest emergency cardiac care in California – The American Heart Association recommends that hospitals provide emergency heart care within 90 minutes of hospital arrival, and Sequoia Hospital has met these guidelines 100% of the time. On average, heart attack patients requiring emergency care are being treated in our catheter labs within 61 minutes of hospital arrival, dramatically improving their chances of surviving a heart attack.
• Minimally invasive techniques – Surgeons practicing at Sequoia have performed more than 2,000 operations through mini incisions and also do coronary bypass off the heart-lung machine on appropriate candidates. These techniques help to reduce hospital stay and shorten recovery times.
• World-class cardiologists and cardiovascular surgeons – Sequoia is proud to work with two leading cardiology groups, Silicon Valley Cardiology and Cardiovascular Medicine and Coronary Intervention. Sequoia patients in need of heart and vascular surgery are seen by the nationally renowned heart surgeons at Dignity Health Medical Group, Sequoia and Pacific Coast Cardiac and Vascular Surgeons.
• Sequoia Hospital is a designated
Blue Distinction Center for Cardiac Care – Blue Distinction Centers for Cardiac Care, designated by Blue Cross Blue Shield of California, demonstrate their commitment to quality care, meeting stringent clinical criteria developed in collaboration with the recommendations of expert physicians and medical organizations.