Healthy is . . . returning to activity.
Do you have knee or hip pain? Would you like to return to a full and active lifestyle?
The Sequoia Hospital Center for Total Joint Replacement offers integrated, preventative health care and innovative joint preservation techniques.
Why choose our Center for your knee or hip replacement?
Designated as a Blue Distinction® Center for Knee and Hip Replacement by Blue Shield of California and the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association.
- Fellowship-trained surgeons who choose to practice at Sequoia for the personalized care their patients receive
- Integrated multi-disciplinary team, specializing in total joint replacement, follows each patient through diagnosis, treatment and recovery
- Clinical excellence - Sequoia ranks in the top 5% for hospitals nationwide for clinical excellence
- Lower infection rates – Sequoia’s infection rates for total joint replacement are among the lowest in the nation at 0.58% - better than the national CDC rate of 0.63% for hips and knees
- Pre and post surgical physical therapy with exercise facilities on the unit
At the Sequoia Hospital Center for Total Joint Replacement, our goal is to help our patients return to full activity and the healthy lifestyle they are accustomed to. With a multidisciplinary team and first-class orthopedic surgeons, we offer a comprehensive range of services including diagnostics, surgical and non-surgical procedures, as well as rehabilitative physical and occupational therapy. We specialize in knees, hips, and shoulders. Many patients can also take advantage of minimally invasive surgical techniques.
Whether you are a high school athlete, a middle-aged weekend warrior, a high-performance competitive athlete or an active senior, you can feel better.
The benefits of minimally invasive surgery often include:
- reduced operative time
- decreased blood loss
- fewer post-operative hip dislocations; earlier return of knee motion
- reduced pain
- reduction in length of stay in the hospital
- faster recovery for the patient
More about knee replacement: At the Sequoia Hospital Center for Total Joint Replacement, we offer state-of-the-art care and patient choice for patients with knee injuries and arthritis. With a physician fellowship trained in sports medicine and joint replacement, our goal is to keep patients living the active lifestyle which they enjoy. For those patients who require reconstructive surgery, we focus on a high quality inpatient experience with a low rate of complications and early rehabilitation.
Learn more about knee replacement from Dr. James Hartford [video].
More about hip replacement: Our Center offers a new, minimally invasive technique for performing total hip replacement called the “anterior approach.” This approach reduces the risk of dislocation and allows the use of x-rays intraoperatively to allow for more precise placement of implants and reliable reproduction of leg lengths. It offers the opportunity for a quick recovery and early return to an active lifestyle.
Learn more about hip replacement from Dr. James Hartford [video].
Find a Surgeon:
To see a full list of orthopedic physicians, please visit Find a Doctor.
All physicians are independent practitioners and not employees of the Hospital.