Test Your Sleep Health
What's Your Snore Score?
This snore self-test is not intended to substitute for a medical assesment by your physician.
To determine if snoring is a health concern for you or your partner, determine whether each of the following statements is TRUE or FALSE for you.
Please print this page and write your answers next to each statement.
1. People tell me I snore.
2. My bedpartner is disturbed by my snoring.
3. My snoring disturbs others in the next room.
4. My snoring has become progressively worse.
5. I snore only when I sleep on my back.
6. I snore while sleeping in all positions.
7. I have been told I stop breathing between snores.
8. My snoring causes me to awaken suddenly.
9. I snore at night and am sleepy during the day.
10. I snore at night and have high blood pressure.
Evaluating Your "Snore-Score"
If you answered TRUE to questions 1, 2, 3, and 4, your snoring probably interferes with your personal life.
If you answered TRUE to question 5, it means you may be a positional snorer. This may be remedied by techniques that encourage you to sleep on your side.
If you answered TRUE to questions 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10, there is a good chance you have sleep apnea.
Review your snore score with your doctor and discuss your symptoms for medical advice about diagnosis and treatment of snoring and sleep apnea. For any general questions regarding snoring and sleep apnea that we may answer for you, please feel free to E-mail us your question and our Sleep Center staff will try and find an answer for you.